Sunday, February 21, 2010

Ice Fishing with Grandpa's

On Saturday the 19th, we fished through about 12” of ice on the Hyrum Dam and had some fast action on a very cold morning. We were on the ice at 7:00AM and we caught fish all morning long. Justin was the winner when he caught a 2lb. rainbow trout while sitting on a bucket looking in the hole.

In all, we probably caught 30 fish most of which we released. Well after a few minutes, Justin and his cousins decided that they wanted to save a few for lunch. No need to worry about fish spoiling – you just pull them out, throw them on the ice, and within a few minutes they are pretty much frozen.

I think I may have found a new sport. All I need is my cell phone, a comfortable chair, and I have an office on the ice.

No comments: