Monday, February 8, 2010

A Good Reminder - "Remember Who You Are"


Grandma Gloria has been in Yuma for a week now. Pam and I rode down in the pick-up with grandma. First night was to Mesquite, Nevada.
Now here is a lesson learned – You never know who you will run into when you are traveling. On Sunday night I walked Grandma Glo up to the casino from our room. She was playing her favorite Keno machine and I decided to walk into the restaurant. I picked a booth in the back corner. It was 10:30 at night and I decided I wanted some scrambled eggs.

As I was sitting there alone I noticed 4 guys in a booth clear across the café. I really didn’t pay them much attention. When they stood up and walked about – one of them looked familiar. He looked at me, I looked at him. In a voice of surprise and disbelief he said, “Gary”? I said, “Curtis”? Here I was, 400 miles from home, in the back corner of a café in Mesquite, Nevada and I am sitting face-to-face with Curtis Larsen. Moreover, he is the ward clerk and in my ward. Just goes to show, that no matter where you are, you need to do what’s right.

Oh, speaking of cheap room’s, Grandma is the Queen of Value. She paid less than $25.00 for the room we had in Mesquite. Beautiful green carpet with a beige 1970’s paint job.

No comments: